Pages

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

A dose of country


It's another week of learning, inspiration and gratitude for blessings.

A dose of country. An aunt in Morganton, NC was game with my request for a close-up of the birdhouse in her summer garden.  The image colors my dreams of country living. Oh, one day when I retire....

Quick humor. It's one of those moments when you overlook little imperfections, but just smile and let things be. (Source: Report Card)


Quote: "You know what I like most about people? Pets." ~ Jarod Kintz, Who Moved My Choose?: An Amazing Way to Deal With Change by Deciding to Let Indecision Into Your Life

The link takes you to a review of the book on Good Reads by M.C. Humphreys.

Health tip. "Saturated fats are actually the healthiest oils to cook with," claims Barton Publishing. Here's why.

Chicken pancit. I was invigilating killer Cost Accounting, Strategic Management and Business Law all day. On an empty stomach. During break some undergrads were smoking like heck; others looked catatonic staring at their iPads. With the tummy rumbling I mused it's what happens when CPA-Lawyers listen to Survivor's Eye of the Tiger while writing the finals. Thank goodness a colleague's wife sent reinforcement at 3 PM. Starvation sorted!


~ x ~

12 comments:

  1. Hi! Found you through A Peek Into My Paradise Wordless Wednesday Hop and following you through G+ :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. All very entertaining, I had to read the picture with the cat and kids a few times, I'm terrible with memes sometimes lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reading your joy posts each week enhance my own joy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet little birdhouse!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE that birdhouse...my dream is to live in the mountains some day.....keep dreaming and hopefully you will get your country life! (LOVE that comic photo too!! so darn cute!!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's hard to work n an empty stomach - glad reinforcements came! :-)

    That birdhouse is really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute, cute birdhouse.

    All that hard brain work on an empty stomach sounds like torture! So glad reinforcements showed up with a good meal for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute birdhouse! That chicken pancit looks inviting. Have a great week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mmmm, chicken pancit! Looks yummy!
    Ha, that's a funny poster, although I don't think my daughter who has a preschooler and two cats would laugh :)
    Cute birdhouse!

    ReplyDelete
  10. that's a mighty big cat! - my first thought when i saw the poster, lol. love pancit!

    thank you so much for sharing this lovely post over at Food Friday, Hazel
    enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My retirement dreams take me to the ocean. Although I wouldn't mind a sweet birdhouse like the one you pictured. Hopefully our dreams will come true. :)

    Interesting review on the book, Who Moved My Choose?: An Amazing Way to Deal With Change by Deciding to Let Indecision Into Your Life. I will look to see if my library has a copy.

    Have a great week studying.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...